Dannielle Finlay-Jones: Man taken into custody after woman found in bed with horrific head injuries

A man wanted over the alleged murder of a young teacher has been charged after a tense 12-hour stand-off with police.

Police had been hunting down Ashley Gaddie, 33, since Sunday afternoon after the lifeless body of Dannielle Finlay-Jones, 31, was found by her friends.

After a two-day search, Mr Gaddie was cornered by police on Tuesday afternoon at Fletcher’s Lookout in the Blue Mountains, where a dramatic 12-hour standoff took place on the cliffs.

The tense stand-off ended with Mr Gaddie’s arrest. He was then taken to Katoomba Police Station and has now been charged with murder.

He was found at 2.30pm standing on the wrong side of the safety barrier near Wentworth Falls.

The tradie was seen wearing black jeans, white shoes and a hi-vis jacket as he clung to a rope on the edge of the cliff.

Police negotiators were called in to speak to Mr Gaddie from a lookout nearby.

After 12 hours, he was finally arrested at midnight on Wednesday, before being charged later in the afternoon.

The Five Dock man was refused bail to appear at Penrith Local Court today.

Ms Finlay-Jones and Mr Gaddie met her friends at Marsden Brewhouse in the western Sydney suburb of Marsden Park on Saturday night.

The night ended in the early hours of Sunday morning and the pair decided to stay the night at Ms Finlay-Jones’s friends’ Cranebrook home.

It wasn’t until 2.30pm that the friends made the horrific discovery.

Emergency services rushed to the scene, but Ms Finlay-Jones was unable to be revived.

A crime scene has been established at the Cranebrook residence.

Members of Ramsgate RSL Football Club, where Ms Finlay-Jones was a beloved member and female football director, shared their heartbreak over the news of her death.

“It is with much sadness and a heavy heart that we announce the passing of our beloved Senior VP women,” a social media post from the club said.

“The news of her passing has left us all in a state of shock and disbelief.

“Dannielle was a beautiful person, a life member of the club who was much loved and very well respected not only within our immediate football community, but also throughout the Football St George association.

“Her tireless and unselfish commitment to football within the community, particularly women’s football, will be sorely missed and her legacy will be everlasting.

“Our deep and respectful condolences go to her family, especially her mother.”


Saturday night

Dannielle Findlay-Jones and Ashley Gabbie meet her friends at Marsden Brewhouse in Sydney’s west

The pair returned to her friends’ Cranebrook home in the early hours of Sunday with plans to sleep there for the night.


2.30pm Her friends discover her in bed alone with horrific head injuries.

They called triple-0 and emergency services rushed to the home, however the 31-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene.


12.30pm Mr Gaddie was found by police at Fletcher’s Lookout in the Blue Mountains – he was standing on the wrong side of the safety barrier.

A 12-hour standoff took place between police negotiators and the 33-year-old.


12am Police arrested Mr Gaddie and he was taken to Katoomba Police Station.

He is expected to be charged with murder.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *