GoFundMe page set up for Diane Miller’s family

The devastated partner of a pregnant mother, who died after she was allegedly attacked with a block of concrete in a shopping centre carpark, has remembered her as the “most beautiful and loving person”.

Diane Miller, 30, and her unborn baby died at Royal Perth Hospital just before 2am on Friday after an alleged unprovoked attack at the Waterford Plaza carpark on Manning Rd in Karawara on Tuesday evening.

She leaves behind an eight-month-old son.

Ms Miller’s death comes after a candlelight vigil was held at the hospital on Thursday night, with loved ones saying their final farewells.

Her partner Phillip Edmonds told NCA NewsWire it was tough for the whole family.

“It was pretty difficult to say goodbye and to see her in the hospital,” he said.

An emotional Mr Edmonds said he was trying to stay strong for other relatives.

“I can’t breakdown. I have to be strong for them,” he said.

Mr Edmonds affectionately referred to Ms Miller’s personality as “wicked”.

“She’s a forgiving person, always loving,” he said.

“She was the most beautiful woman.

“She made me solid and the person I am today.”

The couple had just moved into a new home and were preparing it for the birth of the baby.

“We were making it a real home and setting it up for the baby,” he said.

Mr Edmonds told reporters he was still in shock over Ms Miller’s death, describing it as devastating.

“I’m still struggling,” he said.

“We’re too sore to do anything at the moment.

“I will still love her until the day I die.”

Ms Miller’s niece, Marika, was in the car at the time of the alleged incident.

She described her aunt as a funny person.

“You could never be sad around her – she made everyone happy,” Marika said.

Ms Miller’s uncle, Primus Hansen, said he did not want any more violence.

“Let police handle it, let them do their job,” he said.

A GoFundMe page has been set up by Angela Ryder, who is Mr Edmonds’ aunt, to cover the cost of the funeral and support her son Lloyde.

“On behalf of Phillip and baby Lloyde, I have created this GoFundMe page to raise funds to help support this family,” Ms Ryder wrote.

“Funds raised will go towards extra expenses the family face and any future costs to seek justice for Diane.

“Phillip and Diane had only just moved into their long-awaited home a few days before the incident.”

Ms Miller, who was five months pregnant, was due to find out the sex of her second child next week.

Her brother Malcolm Clifton said his younger sister had always acted like she was the oldest and supported everyone in the family.

“She is our rock but now I’ve got to be everyone else’s rock,” he told 6PR radio on Thursday before her death.

“She’s the most beautiful person you’ll ever meet.”

Ms Miller went into cardiac arrest after a piece of concrete was thrown through her car window and struck her head while she was with her young family.

The homicide squad has now taken over the investigation.

A 17-year-old boy, from Kensington, was previously charged with causing grievous bodily harm.

He also has an unrelated charge of breaching bail.

Following Ms Miller’s death, the grievous bodily harm charge could be upgraded.

The boy, who cannot be named, appeared in Perth Children’s Court on Wednesday and will face another hearing on December 9.

Inspector Brett Baddock said this week the parties were not known to each other.

“I put it down to quite simply (allegedly) senseless, unprovoked violence, which is unacceptable, and we won’t tolerate it,” he told reporters.

Police said their investigation was ongoing and detectives urged anyone who saw the incident, or who has footage of it, to contact Crime Stoppers.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *